Throughout my college career, I have taken many classes on varying subjects. Some of these classes have been very applicable in my life and others not so much. MCOM 320 has been one of the most applicable classes I have taken. I particularly enjoyed learning how to write as a business person.
Since I was young, all of my teachers have emphasized "wordiness" in most of my writing. I always felt that when writing a report, I needed to use large and complicated words to make the paper seem professional and well-written; however, after learning that short and clearly written messages are often better than wordy messages, I felt much more confident when writing.
The basics exam really was a tough part of the class but it was very helpful. I still make small grammatical mistakes when I write, but for the most part I feel confident and professional when I write. This knowledge about grammar will serve me for the rest of my life. When I produce professional documents that are well-written, the readers of my documents will believe what I am saying more because it is well-written.
I really enjoyed this semester in MCOM. One recommendation that I have would be on the grading. I understand that it is very hard to get a perfect or near perfect score on most written assignments; however, I think that it would be beneficial to go over the most common written mistakes on each assignment so that students will be able to avoid those mistakes and get better grades.
I believe that everyone needs to take MCOM because the skills that can be obtained are priceless.
Thanks for the great feedback. It's been great having you in class!
ReplyDeleteProfessor Thomas