Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ice Cream

Ice cream is probably one of the best foods on the face of the planet. I just did some quick research and ice cream was invented in its most basic form of ice and fruit toppings in the fourth century B.C. It was invented by one of the emperors of China. He had his servants bring ice down from the tops of the mountains and he would combine it with ice...cool huh!I am so glad that we don't need to go to such extents to enjoy such a delicious treat.

 Earlier today I found myself craving ice cream but I didn't have any at home, so I made my own. It was surprisingly easy; all I need was 2 eggs, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of Half & Half, 2 cups of heavy whipping cream and 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Luckily I had an ice cream maker stored away so I didn't have to do any of the stirring. I also added crushed Kitkat bars to the mix. The only tough part about making ice cream is waiting to eat it. I like my ice cream rock-hard so I might have to wait until tomorrow to eat my comfort food.

I also learned through my research that ice cream is a comfort food. Ice cream helps release endorphins into our bodies which make us feel happy. Maybe that is why I love ice cream so much. I hope that all of you will take the time to enjoy your favorite comfort foods once in a while. Eat responsibly!

No comments:

Post a Comment