Sunday, November 13, 2011

Naps

Recently I have noticed that I sleep better during a nap than I do when I get a full-night's rest. I really don't know why that is but I know that when I wake up from a nap I feel so energized and ready to go. But it is often hard to get up from a nap because I feel so comfortable laying in bed.

I think that I might sleep better during a nap because it is extra sleep that occurs in the middle of the day and it gives me a quick energy boost to finish out the day. Although, when I was in high school I learned that we all have sleep cycles. It is actually more beneficial to take a 10-15min nap in most cases than a 30-45 minute nap depending on our sleep cycles. Every certain amount of time our bodies enter a deeper or lighter sleep. If we wake up during one of our deep sleep cycles, the nap was less beneficial because it will be harder to wake up. But if we wake up during a light sleep cycle, we will wake up easily and more rested.

I think that might be why I feel so energized after a nap. Try it out for yourself and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment