Thick skin, in its figurative sense, is a trait that I am striving to acquire. In recent months I have found that thick skin can prevent so many undesirable situations. I cannot think of anyone better to refer to than Jesus Christ. He was ridiculed everyday of his life and he turned the other cheek. This example shows that peace can be brought to unpleasant situations if at least one person who is involved acts as the peacemaker.
My wife and I have made a promise to each other that we will try to have thicker skin and not sweat the small things. If we constantly nit pick at every little thing that the other person does wrong, we can often become annoyed with each other which creates a tense environment. As I have tried to implement this new idea of thick skin, I have noticed that I see so much more good in everyone that I interact with. I am happier and I know my wife is too.
Constantly improving myself in ways other than knowledge is something that I have forgotten to do. My goal is to improve myself in different ways constantly to become a better person.
No comments:
Post a Comment