Wednesday, September 21, 2011

People

Have you ever realized that people are probably the most interesting thing on the planet. Now, I'm not saying that there aren't other very interesting things in the universe, I'm just saying that people are probably the most complex things ever. I don't know all of the science behind the workings of the human body and mind, but I love to sit and think about it. I often find myself watching people and analyzing their actions. I think my favorite place to people watch is the Tanner building. During passing periods so many people crowd the terraces and the stairs. They are rushing to the next class or where ever they are going and they all have their own separate thoughts that are very different from the person next to them. The funnest part about people watching is trying to think about what is going on in the persons mind that is sitting right next to you or that just walked by. I will never know what they are really thinking but the fun part it is wondering.

Perhaps even more interesting than people watching, is getting to know someone. I don''t often talk to people out of the blue. I am very talkative once you get me going but I am actually a pretty quiet guy most of the time.     Lately, I have been trying to choose a course to follow in life (major/career), and it isn't very easy when there are so many choices. I kind of felt like I was the only one like that until I began a conversation with the person next to me. It turned out that we had the same questions about the same things that we just couldn't find the answers to, which was comforting. I didn't take comfort in the fact that he was struggling with his course in life, but that there are people out there who are more similar to me than I thought. Everyone is different, that is true, but people are more similar in more ways than I realized.

People are the most interesting thing on the planet...

No comments:

Post a Comment