Saturday, September 17, 2011

Lemonade

It is so funny how people always tell you, "When life serves you lemons, make lemonade." I wonder who made up that saying and if they realized how true that really is.

I was in the middle of a job application the other day and one of the questions it asked was, "What percentage of your life do you believe that you actually control?" As I sat there contemplating what percentage I thought I controlled, my initial reaction was 100%. But then I sat there and began to think a little more, I realized that yes, we do control a large portion, if not all, of our lives; but there is a small part that I think we do not control and that is meant to help us grow. It would be nice if we could decide everything that could happen to us, but that would make life so boring.

The last couple of weeks seem to have been full of silver platters loaded with lemons that just keep coming my way. I'm not going to lie, it hasn't been as fun as I would've liked, but I know that if I can make gallons of sweet lemonade as a result, I will have grown tremendously. I find comfort in the fact that my wife is right by my side. She has had her fair share of citrus, and I admire her for staying strong and keeping me strong at the same time. There will come a time when we will look back at this moment in time and laugh, but also remember the humbling experience that it was.

I love you Rachel...long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment