I never thought in a million years that I would work 14 hours straight at any one job, but last night I did just that. I am employed by BYU Concessions as a production worker and it is hard work. My main responsibilities include setting up and taking down concession stands before and after sporting events. There is a lot of heavy lifting and the hours are contingent upon how fast the task are completed.
Yesterday, the football game started at 8:15pm but I had to be there at 1:00pm to set up and stock all the stands. It is funny though because I get to watch most of the game because all of my work takes place before and after the game. It can be very stressful at times because there are so many rules that I am not familiar with yet, but it is a good learning experience for me. The job really helps me to pay more attention to detail than I normally do.
Well, after the Cougs sealed up the victory against San Jose my work began. I didn't get out of work until 3:00am so it was a really late night. Then I had church in the morning at 8:00am, it was really hard to get up. Well, my feet are so and so is my whole body, but I feel good about the work that I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment