When i logged on to my email today, I had a message from Google saying that there may have been unauthorized activity in my account. As I looked into the message a little more, I found out that someone or something (malware) had accessed my email account from India and again from Mexico. This really freaked me out because I had no idea what someone could do with all the information in my email account.
The first good sign was that they had not changed the current password to my email. I immediately changed the password to my email and did a Google search for "what to do if your email is hacked." I quickly followed the direction and changed all the passwords to all the accounts that I have on the internet. I checked my checking account and my credit cards. Everything seemed to be in order.
Now I will just play the waiting game and hope that none of my information was stolen from any of my accounts.
It is a very nerve-racking experience to go through. Information is one of the most valuable assets anyone can have, so PROTECT IT!
Here are a my wife and I in Canada on a lighter note:
No comments:
Post a Comment